Friday 18 September 2009

Rainy weekend

It started raining just half an hour before our weekend officially started, so depressing :-( Apparently it will stop raining after the weekend, Tuesday or something. Well, might just be THE opportunity to scrap some more, I have lots of pictures to scrap (we are just after the summer holidays aren't we?) and really feel like scrapping! Here are two layouts I did recently, for challenges.

The first was made for the september challenge on classyscrapper. We had to use a Classypak, a technique that was new to us (I used dry embossing, something I hadn't tried before but it's so simple and looks neat!) and at least 3 items that have been sitting in our stash for at least 6 months (I used brads, flowers and a chipboard crown). The pictures were taken in Rocamadour when we visited that town with our friends Rachel and Loïc and their kids. Rocamadour is so beautiful! The paper is 7gypsies.

The second was made for the sketch challenge on 52 sketches...52 weeks. I just discovered this site this week and as I really liked the sketch, I decided to participate. The layout shows Rachel and me, the title is really cheezy but I quite like the result! Papers are Porcelain from Basic Grey.

Look how both layouts have a hand made "flower" in them, I just tried out this technique and really love how these flowers turn out and obviously match the layout. You might just see a lot more of them in future layouts!

That's all for now, you might see a lot more after the rainy weekend! Thanks for stopping by and thank you for your comments!

2 comments:

Melonie said...

Love the new LO's Linda! I had to laugh at the story of your DD's bottom teeth. The same thing happened to Marlee with the big teeth growing in right behind them. So yes we have waited awhile for this toothless grin:) Hope you find something fun to do even with the rain.

miji said...

superbes tes pages et tes fleurs "hand made",bravo m.